Our focus is on creativity, originality, and the development of personal expression!
Formed in 1998, RGAA is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating and promoting New Mexico artists who work in various media. We welcome anyone interested in art, particularly those artists who work in oils, acrylics, casein, egg tempera, oil pastels, encaustic, mixed media, or any painting media that are exhibited without glass. These media may be hand painted on canvas, canvas board, paper, Masonite, and a variety of other grounds. Traditional, classic, contemporary, or avant-garde painters are welcome! Our focus is on creativity, originality, and the development of personal expression.
RGAA Bylaws (updated July 2019)
We meet on the third Saturday of each month (except July and December) at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 431 Richmond Pl. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106
What We Do
- Sponsor a national juried show,¡Encantada! each fall (more info Encantada!).
- Co-sponsor MasterWorks of New Mexico each spring (more info MasterWorks of New Mexico).
- Provide workshops and additional exhibition venues for our members.
- Publish The Palette, our monthly newsletter (current and archived copies: The Palette).
- Present ten educational programs at member meetings per year, featuring professional demonstrations and lectures (more info Meetings / Presentations & Demos).
- Qualifying for entry into MasterWorks, Encantada, and other RGAA-sponsored exhibitions
- Ten inspiring educational meetings per year (no meetings July or December)
- RGAA-sponsored educational programs and workshops
- The Palette newsletter published ten times per year
- Member website listing on the RGAA website
- 10% discount on purchases at Artisan Art Supply (show your RGAA Membership Card 2022)
Next RGAA Member Meeting
Saturday, September 17th
St. Mark's Episcopal Church
431 Richmond Place NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
10 am Presentation by Mary Dezember, Ph. D. - "Encouraging Deeper Connections with Art”
Mary Dezember, Ph. D., is a poet, an author of fiction, an educator, an arts scholar and arts advocate. She enjoys performing her poetry and advocating the creativity of others. She is the founder and host of the online series featuring creativity, Creatives in Conversation.
Her author website is MaryDezember.com.
See full descriptions: 2022 Board, Committee, and Volunteer Duties
Volunteer here: RGAA Volunteer Signup
Members, post your artwork on the RGAA Facebook Page! And be sure to "like" the page while you're there!